Saturday, January 9, 2010

Our Local Superbowl

Friday, January 8, 2010

Devil's Punchbowl
4,740' elevation
1 mi loop trail [300' (down and back up) elevation change]


Do you believe it's possible to love a place? If so, you've probably figured out by now that this is one place I love.

We headed up here on a Friday just to stretch my legs; I am still hurting ever since our drive/hike to the tricklefall. I don't know if I've pinched a nerve or am just experiencing more nuisance side effects, but I have a great deal of numbness, pins and needles, and other neuropathy effects in my leg and foot. And not uniformly or symmetrically, either!


This place never loses its thing for me; today we went up the creek to the base of the Witch and the Devil. Brachial nerve complex pain in my chest struck me at the bottom, so I rested by the creek while the boys climbed the rocks.


This place provides such excellent training. One trip I would like to do is the equivalent of hiking the loop trail 5 times a day for about 17 days in a row! Time to start building up!

From the vista point.


Southern rocks.


Starting down the trail.


The round rock (trail above).



From the trail.


Our summertime waterslide.


Manzanita bush.

Creekbed below the Witch and the Devil.


My guys on the ledge above me.


OK, back to the trail.

No comments: