Friday, June 17, 2011

Where the Spots Show

What the Imaging Shows After Rads


Okay, here is the final roundup of imaging results after bone scanning, MRIs, and CTs:

BRAIN/INTERNAL AUDITORY CANAL
  • Improved leptomeningeal disease along the
  1. L cisternal 5th cranial nerve (affects facial nerves)
  2. bilateral inferior cerebellar hemispheres (base of the brain)
  • NO NEW DISEASE

SPINAL NERVES
  • Decrease in lesion L upper cervical cord at level of the dens
  • NO NEW OR ENLARGING LESIONS

LIVER
  • Stable enhancing masses (probably hemangiomas)

LUNGS
  • Stable micronodules scattered in both lungs

BONES
  • Worsening L hip lesion (qualifies me for clinical trial in SEA)
  • Stable/possible reduction in lesions in:
  1. ~8th rib R lateral
  2. lower thoracic spine
  3. upper lumbar spine
  • Stable small area of low-level activity in L upper sacrum/S1.
  • Stable sclerotic bone lesions

The doctors believe the overall picture is good; it looks very much like I have survived metastasis to the meninges for the SECOND time. We are concerned that I am still suffering from side effects from the radiation, possibly including malabsorption of the nutrition I put into my body religiously every single day, as I am struggling to regain weight. But they have several plans to deal with that if I can't get it turned around very soon!

I am still suffering from a nearly constant vertigo that makes functioning very difficult, and exacerbates the nausea/vomiting issues. I also get a terrible, creepy feeling on the most-treated part of my head/brain that can probably best be described as feeling like I have shingles on the brain under the skull---YUCK!

Mr. Puffy injections clearly affect whatever is happening in my brain for the better, and usually I feel best in the days right afterward. By the time I'm due again, I've usually been stuck on the sofa for several days, feeling my head spin in circles. I am always so grateful for that life-saving treatment, and the loving care with which it is given!

2 comments:

Graphic Experience said...

you are INSPIRING!

Suzanne Di Silvestri said...

I am so happy to read all of this amazing news. You inspire me to fight all the harder and remind me that I can live long and well with this beast. Thanks you!

Suzanne