Thursday, May 21, 2009

WooHoo! WooHoo!

Good News Comes Around Again

I FINALLY got 5 hours of sleep last night -- and didn't have to take a pain pill! And I can finally inhale without my chest feeling like an elephant is sitting on it. Oh, Hallelujah! The cardiac pain is gone and the pulmonary pain is significantly improved.

It's still morning, and already it's a GOOD day. I am SO EXCITED to report that Highway 2 is now OPEN between Vincent Gap and Islip Saddle! It has been closed for more than 4 years, due to 16 massive slides in a 10-mile stretch back in the 2004-05 rainy season and many complications since. That saves us a couple hundred miles in drive-around!

And, I saw my heart surgeon this morning. After I thanked him for saving my life, he told me I've got the absolute creme de la creme in my team of doctors. It shows, huh? 'Cause I'M STILL HERE!!!

The heart surgeon cleared me to begin receiving infusions and chemotherapies AND to go climbing at the higher elevations AS SOON AS the pulmonologist says my lungs are all better. He did tell me not to push it for now. Could he see in my eyes how much I want to sneak out this afternoon and drive the 2 from Wrightwood to Islip Saddle (or perhaps beyond)??

Okay, I guess I'll behave. For now. My gratitude to EVERYONE who has been praying for me; those prayers made all the difference in the world!




No comments: