Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Training

So you're probably wondering how I can train to build up my strength, when I am not supposed to lift anything over 5# and my spine and bones are so radically compromised, as well as my lungs.

Look no further than the space program for my answer...I am using whole body sonic vibration (WBSV) to work out my entire body in a way it has never been exposed to before!

Using a machine called the TurboSonic, I simply stand on a platform for 10 minutes each weekday (the machine is at my voodoo doctor's office, and is the perfect example of why I refer to him as the voodoo doctor. It's unconventional, but it works!). The machine uses amplified sound waves to vibrate my entire body, much like standing in the front row during BOC's magnificent bass solo in Nashville 1984, but even better! Just 10 minutes is equivalent to working out for an hour in a gym.

WBSV also is helping to increase my bone mass (rebuilding my spine has been particularly hard, and the spine is definitely a limiting issue at this point. It hurts long before my legs give out), and I can also see a reduction in the lymphedema in my arm. It may be one of the reasons why my bloodwork increased to such perfection, too.

I LOVE this machine and how I feel after I've been on it. I've also lost almost 8 pounds of the drug weight, so I am very happy about how things are going.

But don't worry, this is only ONE way that I'm training for Whitney. This is my daily workout for the workweek, when I am on the run. It sure has been a perfect answer for me!

No comments: