Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Voodoo Stuff, Part 3

Okay, here is one of THE most powerful weapons in my arsenal against metastatic cancer:
Green tea!

If you aren't drinking green tea already, I'm wondering how in the world you are surviving all the nuclear-medicine imaging!?! I love how this stuff helps flush my body after all the CT, MRI, PET, and bone scans! I drink water and green tea throughout the day, every day; and I see the difference it has made in my health and skin.

I note beauty spas are now selling green tea to put on your face--put it inside of you, and you won't NEED to put in on the outside! But yes, you can put some on a cotton ball and blot those nasty sore spots that toxic chemotherapy can cause.

There is PLENTY of information out there on the purported health benefits of green tea, including scientific studies on the catechin polyphenol it contains, EGCG:

EGCG is a powerful anti-oxidant: besides inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, it kills cancer cells without harming healthy tissue.

Green tea is for everyone, not just people fighting disease. I start my day with a tall cup of hot green tea, sweetened with stevia (or super-enriched organic honey that contains bee pollen and propolis and royal jelly). Sometimes I throw a bag of Yerba Mate' in with it; sometimes I add a 1/4 tsp of nanized green tea.

I buy organic green tea and Yerba Mate' at Trader J*e's; my voodoo doctor (and others like him) sells a superior nanoized green tea product that I REALLY like. I noted it knocked my teen's acne down when she was regularly taking the nano green tea. Sorry, teens: Arizona green tea is NOT healthy for you---it usually has high-fructose corn syrup or sugar. It's cheaper to make your own, and you can make it healthier.

No comments: