Thursday, May 8, 2008

Torque

Although I really didn't have any major problems climbing Saddleback Butte, I did end up with a bit of a painful knee afterward. It lasted almost a week. I still get twinges from time to time even now. I tried using AlphaStim on it by the second day, which knocked the pain down some.

The voodoo doctor believes it to be an issue with torqueing the knee, so either I need to try putting orthotics in my hiking boots (in case it's an issue with how I'm stepping) or get a knee brace (if it's an issue with the climbing).

Luckily, a friend my age just wrote about a knee brace that has been very helpful to her in continuing her physical activities (which make mine look tame, I assure you). So I will try both the orthotics and the knee brace and see if the problem resolves.

No comments: